Sunday, October 18, 2009

Had my Avastin last week

It's definitely at that point now in my life that it's just the "thing I do every 2 weeks". Not complaining about it. Just getting sick and tired (especially tired) of it.

Had a great nurse (as they all are) injecting me and telling me that unfortunately she has to be let go at the end of the month due to the changes in the provincial budget. Was so sad to see what's going on around us as the economy corrects itself. I have to ensure that I make this next statement properly due to the negative impact of war. I find it very difficult to understand why we value our lives so much, yet there is so much chaos in this world that leads to death of others. Does everyone in this world have to be put into a life-threatening situation to truly value the fact that we even exist? As the Dalai Lama said when he was here...this century that we are in now has to find peace without war, as he feels now that war will never find peace on this planet.

This is wrapped up so well in a quote by Pablo Casals:

"When will we teach our children what they are?
We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your cunning fingers, the way you move.
You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?"

Brought tears to my eyes...


As I believe I mentioned months ago, I "talked" to my brain tumour and let it know that I will fight it strongly when necessary; however I will also let it be with me for the rest of my long life should we find peace.


I'm getting burnt out from my ongoing war with my tumour. I really hope that we find peace soon.

1 comment:

JOSECORY said...

YOU are my HERO!!!
Love, Mom XOXOX