Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spent a couple of days at home

Hi everyone, hope all is well. I am definitely settled into my pad. I actually find a strong sense of relief due to my situation. But the great part is that I can still get away and do other things. I was lucky enough to spend 2 nights at my house.

My in-laws were in town for the weekend, which was great. I got to spend time with them, Talyn and Tasha. It's also great for me to come back to my pad and have some veg time. As that is so incredibly important for me to try and have.

In a good way though, it's been pretty hard for me to get a lot of veg time, due to the incredible love and support I have through my friends and family. As I may have said before, there is always a bright side to everything in life and this is definitely one.

We all know that my chances are fairly low of me getting through this, but I still feel very confident that I will. What is great to know is whether I make it or not, I will pass on as an extremely happy man, due to the incredible wife and son that I have. I feel that I have accepted that I may move on, at the same time I feel the most at peace that I have ever felt.

We have some more friends coming to town this weekend for Valentine's Day. But I also have to ensure that I am not "partying too much", as my number one priority is taking care of myself.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Happy Valentine's Day!

Talk to you soon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Happy Valentines Day to you too!Fiona

Louise and David said...

Hi Ryan,
You are amazing! Life for you stays active and full whether you are at home or in your pad at the hospice.

The tone of your writing remains upbeat and encouraging, too. No matter what, your blog postings overflow with gratitude, confidence, acceptance and peace. You inspire us to keep following your example in our day-to-day living.

Thanks for your enthusiastic Valentine's Day wishes. Have a great Sunday celebration yourself with friends and family. We hope you are energized by just the right mix of party time and "veg" time.
Cheers!
Louise and David

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful that you have found peace Ryan .
It is something we all strive for and it is the most difficult thing to find . I was diagnosed last year and your story has touched me deeply and profoundly . I try and keep in the moment and not let fear take that away .You have been a great inspiration .
Love and light to you and your dear ones .

Caroline said...

Happy Valentines Day to you, Tasha and Talyn. We think of you often and find inspiration in your posts.

Caroline and Grant

Unknown said...

Thinking of you, Tasha and Talyn every day.
Love Auntie M

Don Henry said...

Ryan,

Hang in there buddy.

Your drive and determination are an inspiration to us all.

Best regards,

Don Henry