Thursday, April 16, 2009

Round #6 complete

Wow. Time flies!!!

I finished my 6th round of Aviston yesterday and haven't had any new side effects. Still dealing with the fatigue and mild headaches, but other than that, it's a walk in the park compared to what many other patients are going through.

My next MRI is on Tuesday, April 28th. Feeling pretty nervous about that. The paranoia of growth is always sitting on my shoulder and tapping me to remind me of it. After that large growth we say from September, 2008 to November, 2008, my guard is definitely up. It's come down since the results of the last MRI on March 4th but still there. As well as I'm doing, I have to ensure that I don't get lost in a crazy dream world where everything is alright and I can start thinking that the problem is solved. Been there, done that.

It is truly amazing how quick and easy it is to forget about a problem that you've been dealing with and when it looks like it's going away, you decide to forget about it. Yep, that was me over the last 11 years. Ah, the love/hate relationship we have with our brains and emotions.

I'm sure that I've mentioned before that I really enjoy the use of meditation to force myself to slow down. Even though I'm not working right now, time is zooming by!! This really allows me to stop and ensure that I stay focused on what I really need to. It's a great "addiction" to have. Can't emphasize how good it is for you!!!

Have a great day!

GO FLAMES GO!!!

No comments: