Monday, April 6, 2009

Long time, no blog...

Hi everyone,

My apologies for not writing in my blog for the last couple of weeks. Was away for a few days.

I had my treatment last week and everything went well. Was in on Tuesday to do my bloodwork and chat with the doctors. Everything looked great so no reasons for not going forward with the Avastin. Had to laugh when I asked my doctors that I noticed my hands seemed to be orange and he asked me if I've been eating a lot of carrots lately. The answer was "yes" and followed by good old laughter. I did not know that eating a lot of carrots made your skin turn orange. You learn something new everyday. :)

Had a great weekend by going to Regina to surprise and celebrate my oldest brother Sean's 40th birthday. Got to see all of my family plus a bunch of friends that I haven't seen in quite awhile. My sister-in-law did a phenomenal job at putting together a great surprise!! Way to go Michelle!

Was great to get away from everything and also great to get back. Dealing with my challenge right now has become such a "normal" part of my life that I think it's safe to say that I've become "used to it". That sounds weird, doesn't it? Being used to dealing with cancer. It's already been 7 months since I was given the bad news. 7 months! It's already been almost 12 years since I was originally diagnosed. I remember so much of it like it was yesterday. I'm still very thankful that my original seizure that I had on August 19, 1997 didn't happen while I was teaching one of my pilot students 2 hours before. Their ability to handle emergencies in the air was not very good. I think if I had the seizure in the air, that plane would not have been landed safely and I wouldn't be here right now. When I stop and look at how many good things have come out of this ongoing challenge, it re-emphasizes how lucky I truly am.

Hope all is well!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Happy Easter. Hope you had a great day.

Caroline and Grant