Monday, November 2, 2009

Latest MRI....

Came back showing that the beast is definitely staying in its cave. Was feeling really confiident going in to get the results, but still a little apprehensive that we were going to be told bad news.

It's insane the amount of thoughts and energy that goes through us when we're waiting for these important results. Very challenging to continue accepting the fact that although you are mentally in control; it could be physically completely different.

What I wouldn't do have a week of working where I had to deal with traffic, building plans for my clients, and anything and everything else. Ah, the irony.

As the great Hamlet said:
"To be, or not to be: that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them?"

I have always felt that it is much better to "take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them." The hardest part is sticking to that plan. I know that I will never give in, however, I also know that there will always be times of doubt.

As hard as it is to accept a challenge, all that we can truly do is control our minds and learn something from it. Nothing else matters - the weather, the traffic, the long line up when buying groceries. Those are areas that can used to define the simplicity when it comes to the concept of challenges. It is truly sad that knowing there are far more significant challenges in life, we often allow the small stuff to control us. What I wouldn't do to go back to when I was originally diagnosed and use what I have learned in the last 14 months. I don't think that I would be in the same position that I am in now. I could be right, I could be wrong. Does that really matter? I don't know.

All that I truly know now is that to be the Captain of your mind and truly maintain control - life will become simpler, challenges will be easier, and your love and respect for the life that you have been given will truly stand out. I wish that I was taught this when I was a child. My son Talyn is already starting to learn this from me and if that is the only thing that I can do for him, so it shall be.

Peace, love and happiness to you all!

No comments: