Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back from Mexico

Had a great time of "nothingness" while Talyn played in the Kids Club with other kids from different counties. It was great to go!!! Haven't vegged like that in an extremely long time. We thought about going on a tour of something, but knew that all we really wanted was nothing. The resort we stayed at is called the "Paradius". I like to call it Paraoutstanding!!!
Had some nice walks along the beach, met a lot of nice people, ate a lot of great food, and relaxed. Great way to step out of reality.

We flew back on Friday during the crazy snow storm that was happening. They had to do an overshoot on our approach and ended up flying to Saskatoon to refuel and wait a couple of hours for the strong part of the cold front had passed. After all was said and done, we got to bed at 4:00 am on Saturday morning. It was wild on our approach as we had been told the weather wasn't very good. Being trained and spending many hours of time practicing critical situations like this, my gut totally told me that we were going to do an overshoot. I let Tash know that everything was alright and as soon as the engines went to full throttle, I firmly let her know that everything was alright. Makes being a passenger much easier to handle fear when you know what's going on in the cockpit. Aah...the good old days.

The biggest challenge was going from +30 degrees to -30 degrees in 5 hours. Man, what a shift.

Had my checkup yesterday and all is well. Completed my Avastin treatment today and feeling a little tired. I'm sure that I'll get a rush of energy the minute before I lay down to go to sleep.

Now that I'm back to reality, I'm going to start Blogging more about anything and everything else.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Buenas noches!!

No comments: