Friday, September 4, 2009

Latest MRI

I'm starting to really build more confidence from the latest MRI. It shows again that there is no aggression being shown by the tumour. In my ways of understanding, its chilled out.

It is unfortunate that there is no technology that can firmly determine what we see is blood fluid (in a good way), water, scar tissue or cancer cells. What we can confirm is that the aggression we saw 1 year ago (Sept. 11, 2008) is no longer there. The beast has gone back into its cave.

Does this mean that I jump back into my past world of reality and proving myself to others? Absolutely not! The one incredible benefit of this last year is having the time to rethink what I truly want out of my existence. All I know for sure is that we all have one life to find peace, love and happiness while we're here. No more, no less.

Why does it take a harsh situation to make us stop and take a breath? I will never know.
All I know is that after my 36 years of life and 12 years of dealing with cancer, I have finally stopped and taken a breath.

It's too bad that it took cancer to make me do it.

Have a stellar long weekend!!!

PS. Won't take so long to keep everyone updated.

PSS. I'm going to be on the cover of the Canadian Cancer Society's October magazine. It also has my story inside of it along with some pictures.

1 comment:

Bob Cotter said...

What a positive entry, and I also looked at the great YouTube video.

Best wishes...