Monday, January 26, 2009

Post-radiation

Is much harder than the radiation itself. I am feeling so much more tired than I was during the treatment itself. I guess that makes sense in the aspect that the side effects build up over time and peak at the end. It's taking awhile for me to get back to "normal". Hard to believe that's it's already been a week.

The anti-seizure drugs and anti-swelling drugs are also making things harder. The anti-seizure drug is supposed to mellow me out, while the anti-swelling makes me wake up at least 3 times a night and gets my "analysis" of everything going by 4:30 in the morning. I was up at 3:30 this morning. I'm pretty happy if I can sleep in until 5:00 am. That's a bonus.

I now fully understand why the doctors need me to take time off from any treatments until this gets better. Would only make things worse if I didn't.

I hope that everyone is having a great day. I hear we've got another chinook coming soon. Nice!!

1 comment:

Louise and David said...

Good Morning, Ryan
Thanks for working through your tiredness and other treatment side effects to keep posting comments and pictures on your blog site. I especially like the way you add photos that bring your words to life for us. The picture of you and Talyn with Todd Bertuzzi is a real keeper.

For me, the shot of you "behind the mask" is a harsh reality check. You have such an upbeat attitude that I often imagine you "flying through" rough patches and "soaring above" the worst of the treatment process. I like that image of you as a pilot but realize that even high-fliers hit the ground hard at times.

Have a good day yourself, Ryan. We hope the side effects that you are experiencing ease up during this time off period. I guess doctors do know best when it comes to holding back a bit before moving forward again.

You're right, a chinook would be a nice change right about now. We hope it not only comes all around you but within as well.

Cheers, Louise and David