Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thanks to Todd Bertuzzi, Peter Hanlon, Glen Hawker and the Calgary Flames!!

Yesterday morning I was given an amazing opportunity to meet my favorite hockey player, Todd Bertuzzi! I have been a fan of his for many years from my days of living in Vancouver and was the happiest guy in Calgary when he came here. He is the reason that I got back into watching hockey in the late 90's. Meeting him has been a goal of mine for 10 years!

My wife Tasha and close friend Kevin were able to somehow make the pieces come together thanks to Peter Hanlon and Glen Hawker. Kevin, Talyn and I got to go to the Saddledome during the Flames practice yesterday morning and watch them. It was so cool!!!

Afterwards we were allowed to meet Todd Bertuzzi in the hallway where the media does the interviews with the players and coaches that we see on TV. We spent about 15 minutes chatting with Todd and he showed Talyn some cool tricks to learn. I literally felt like I was in a dream. He is the nicest guy!!!

Thank you Todd for taking the time that you spent with us. You have no idea how much that means to me!

GO FLAMES GO!!!

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd see you in anything but a Canucks jersey! What a great guy. Just goes to show that everyone from this part of the country is awesome...