Monday, May 18, 2009

Anger builds up inside of me....

Just found out yesterday via email that the father of a friend of mine from my UBC days is now dealing with Multiple Myeloma - a blood disease that basically eats away at your bone. This man has literally riden his bike around the world distance wise and blows my mind how healthy he has always been. Very similar to what happened to Lance Armstrong.

Damn! I'm really starting to find it difficult to keep my anger at bay. I've always been a peaceful man that doesn't believe in war (unless absolutely necessary!!!). When we look at the paper everyday and see so much death due to disagreement when we are given the gift of even being here...I will gladly call myself and idiot for not understanding. Could someone please explain to me what the odds are that we could even exist? I'm thinking pretty slim. Therefore, could someone then explain to me why it is so easy for us to forget that we're so incredibly lucky to be here in the first place?

As Led Zeppelin sang many years ago.....I am so "Dazed and Confused".

1 comment:

Todd Kane said...

Without death, life becomes less precious.