Friday, May 29, 2009

Next treatment of Avastin

Has come and gone. I was at the Tom Baker on Tuesday and Wednesday for a check-up and Avastin treatment. Didn't have any issues with respect to bloodwork so they let me go forward with the Avastin. Haven't had any side-effects since then other than the regular tiredness.

Tash and I are taking a couple of days off from our world of cancer and our son Talyn and are heading out to Banff for a couple of days. It's been a long time since we've actually gone on a vacation so Talyn's staying here with my Mom and Tasha and I are just going out to chill. Have pretty well forgotten what "chilling out" truly is. That's definitely a huge burden with respect to dealing with cancer is that it tends to control our schedule. Much more relaxed doing chemo now versus radiation in December and January but stuff always seems to be on the go.

Is it me or is this year beyond zooming by?!?!? It seems like just yesterday that I was at the Foothills recovering from all the seizures I had. That was December 12th - almost 6 months already. I definitely believe the theory that time only speeds up the older we get. Is that due to doing too much, working too hard, not spending time on slowing down and smelling the flowers. All I know is that it happens and all that I can do about it is accept it and focus some of my energy on "stopping". As I've mentioned many times before, using meditation every day has really been a good thing for me. It makes me stop and do nothing. Very good for your soul.

Ciao for now.

1 comment:

Tyson said...

I hope your mini-"vacation" was helpful! We find it really hard to just step away from everything and relax, and it is definitely time well spent.

I'll agree with you on how time flies, the kids have less than a month left in school and it seems like Christmas was just the other day.

I might have to start looking into meditation more. I could use some relaxation :)